Latest Scores
  • Feb 7 / Boys' BasketballDarnell-Cookman Middle-High School - 37, DuPont - 33
  • Feb 7 / Girls' BasketballDarnell-Cookman Middle-High School - 38, DuPont - 8
  • Feb 7 / Boys' SoccerDarnell-Cookman Middle-High School - 4, DuPont - 1
  • Sep 27 / FootballDarnell-Cookman Middle-High School - 0, Springfield Middle School - 45
  • Sep 20 / FootballDarnell-Cookman Middle-High School - 28, Fort Caroline Middle School - 28
  • Sep 13 / FootballDarnell-Cookman Middle-High School - 0, Westside Middle School - 32
The Student News Site of Darnell-Cookman Middle-High School

The Monitor

66°
66°

The Monitor

66°

The Monitor

All Things Grad Bash
All Things Grad Bash
April 19, 2024

The Bad Guys Holiday Special

Voices, songs undermine this so-so holiday offering

During this film, the Bad Guys are riding around the city, and they are waiting for the perfect time to rob a bank on Christmas day, they took advantage of the fact that everyone will be celebrating Christmas at their houses. During a parade taking place, their car got tied into a Santa Claus balloon. Their car ended up destroying the balloon accidentally. After this event took place, the city’s mood became so low that they decided to cancel Christmas. Since the Bad Guys were worried that their planned robbery wouldn’t be possible, they decided to set out to cheer up the city. At first, Webs, the spider, suggested replacing the ballon with a Santa Claus exoskeleton that she had built, but the rest of the Bad Guys decided that it looked too intimidating. After the first idea failed, Wolf suggested recreating the balloon that they destroyed, but their recreation of the balloon ended up looking horrible.

Now it was 12 hours until Christman morning, they planned to break into the city’s radio station to play some Christmas carols again. The radio station played some heavy metal music as a replacement after the city’s people canceled Christmas. While this is happening, Wolf and Snake stole presents to deliver to the homes in the city.

Their plan was very successful; however, Wolf felt like they needed some snow to fully restore the peoples’ Christmas spirit. Webs decided to make some snow by modifying the shaved ice machine of a street stand. Wolf decided to tamper with the controls and increased the machine’s power output. The snow began; however, Wolf’s plan didn’t work out, the snow machine had quickly spiraled into an ice storm and started terrorizing the city. The other members of the Bad Guys had reprimanded Wolf’s tendency to push things too far. In the end they forgave him when Wolf admitted that he was trying to give them the best heist (robbery) they had ever had, instead of trying to show off the snow machine. Wolf found the Santa Claus exoskeleton to deactivate the snow machine that was terrorizing the city. The Santa Claus exoskeleton was able to successfully deactivate the snow machine. After the storm ended, the exoskeleton became the new hero of the city and even became their mascot. Shark grabbed a microphone and told the city’s people to return back to their homes.

While the citizens made their way home, the Bad Guys did the same. When the Bad Guys returned to their hideout, they all had caught a cold and weren’t able to carry out their robbery plan for Christmas. To the gang’s surprise, they found presents from Santa Claus for the good deeds they had done for the city. As a result, they had begun working on a plan to rob Santa’s workshop to prove that they belong on the naughty list.

Overall, the voices for the movie were throwing me off because they didn’t match the character’s personality at all. The Christmas song sang by Mr. Piranha was terrible compared to the song “Good Tonight” in the previous Bad Guys movie. The citizens in the city acted like somebody died during the parade and decided to cancel Christmas. It didn’t make sense for the whole city to not celebrate Christmas because of a Santa Claus balloon being destroyed.

Rating: 4/10