Latest Scores
  • Feb 7 / Boys' BasketballDarnell-Cookman Middle-High School - 37, DuPont - 33
  • Feb 7 / Girls' BasketballDarnell-Cookman Middle-High School - 38, DuPont - 8
  • Feb 7 / Boys' SoccerDarnell-Cookman Middle-High School - 4, DuPont - 1
  • Sep 27 / FootballDarnell-Cookman Middle-High School - 0, Springfield Middle School - 45
  • Sep 20 / FootballDarnell-Cookman Middle-High School - 28, Fort Caroline Middle School - 28
  • Sep 13 / FootballDarnell-Cookman Middle-High School - 0, Westside Middle School - 32
The Student News Site of Darnell-Cookman Middle-High School

The Monitor

75°
75°

The Monitor

75°

The Monitor

All Things Grad Bash
All Things Grad Bash
April 19, 2024

Move Review “The Marvels”

Action movie full of adventure!

Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) has come out with a new movie recently called “The Marvels”. This movie is about a superhero named Carol Danvers or her hero’s name Captain Marvel. In the beginning there is a girl named Kamala Khan or her hero’s name Ms. Marvel. Captain Marvel destroys the Supreme intelligence that leads the Kree empire. Since Captain Marvel did that the Kree empire later came for her because of what she did to their empire.

The Kree empire didn’t have a home anymore when their supreme intelligence was destroyed because that intelligence was their source of sun to grow food and more. The leader of the Kree named Dar-Benn realizes how much power a legendary quantum band has when she gets her hands on one.

Kamala also has a quantum band which is the other side to what Dar-Benn has and Dar-Benn is looking for it to create jump points to travel across space. So, as she is looking for the other piece of the quantum band, she also wants her revenge on Captain Marvel for destroying her home. There is another captain named Monica Rambeau and she was in space testing technology with another scientist who runs the lab in space named Nick Fury.

When in space Monica sees a saber and wants to get closer to check it out. As she touches it and at this moment Captain Marvel is fighting off the Kree as she is using her power, as Monica touches the saber, and as Ms. Marvel uses her power, they all get teleported into each other’s location.

Because of the connection of power, they possess they are all in a way connected which allows them to go to each other’s position when they all use their powers at the same time. Monica then is able to move through matter, Captain Marvel can use matter to possess more energy, and Ms. Marvel can shape matter into physical crystals.

At this time Kamala didn’t know either Monica or Captain Marvel personally but she was a huge fan of Captain Marvel even naming herself after her. Ms. Marvel then gets back to her house confused when the teleportation wears off and Monica with Nick Fury goes to fill her in.

Ms. Marvel is very excited to be doing superhero business as it was always her dream to be a superhero. After they talk and fill her in, they go back to the lab or headquarters to me Captain Marvel where Ms. Marvel is very ecstatic.  All three of them, Monica, Captain Marvel, and Ms. Marvel realize they have to work together to fix their issue with their powers and the Kree from trying to destroy space with the other side of the quantum band.

They all work together to take down the Kree but Dar-Benn steals Ms. Marvels quantum band, now that she has both she opens a hole to a different reality, causing her to be destroyed. Not knowing what to do and only having one option left, Monica sacrifices herself absorbing all of the energy and shoots the hold close. The only way to accomplish this was to put herself inside the other reality, being stuck there forever. In the end captain Marvel, being sorry for what she did, replaces the Kree supreme intelligence using her power to restore their home and fix her mistake.

In the other universe that Monica was put in she finds an alternate version of her dead mother.

Rating: 8.5/10 (Lots of action)